Discover the region
Beautiful region in Occitania still preserved and bathed in many rivers, the Pays Cévenol, in the Gard, 1h from Nîmes, Avignon, Montpellier and the Mediterranean, is full of history and traditions. Mountain, river, sea… the diversity of landscapes, makes Anduze, the ideal place for exciting holidays and rich in discoveries…
Visits to numerous museums, parks, caves and walks on the Corniche des Cévennes, the Gorges du Tarn, the Gorges de l’Ardèche, various sporting activities will also be offered to you…
A 15-minute walk on the banks of the Gardon, Anduze, “Gateway to the Cevennes”, is a Gallo-Roman city, with its vestiges, its picturesque architecture, its crafts, the Bambouseraie, the steam train… But also its picturesque alleys, its pottery and local products, its local crafts, its various fountains.
You will also find the charm of a Garden market every Thursday morning. And in July and August the night market of Anduze every Tuesday evening.
Leisure and activities in Occitania
Numerous activities in the nature :
- River fishing in the translucent waters of the rivers of Gard.
- Adventure park at the Forestparc : accrobranche, tree courses adapted for all ages.
- Water sports with Bambou-canyon : canyoning, via ferrata, water hikes.
- Hiking: enjoy hiking on the marked trails, many hiking trails are accessible from the Gard camping.
- Horse riding.
Cultural activities and visits to do
- The Cevennes valleys museum: Red house to discover life in the heart of the Cevennes.
- The Bambouseraie: one of the most beautiful botanical parks in Europe located in Occitanie.
- The prehistoric and antique vestiges.
- The Trabuc Cave.
- The steam train of the Cevennes. In Anduze, discover the valley of Mialet by small steam train!
- The Haribo museum in Uzès.
- Discover the city of Nimes and its vestiges, the musée de la romanité, the gardens of the fountain,… A southern city full of history.